Find a Physician
Planning Your Stay
Our goal is to make your stay with us as comfortable and convenient as possible for you and for your family. When you arrive at Coffee Regional Medical Center, you will find staff and volunteers ready to help you get settled in. However, there are a few things you need to know and do ahead of time to make admission and payment/billing proceed quickly and smoothly, without any surprises.
What to do before coming to CRMC:
- Check with your insurance carrier about any pre-certification requirements for specific tests or treatments. Without proof of pre-certification, these may be delayed and/or you could be held responsible for the entire bill.
- If you receive emergency services, contact your insurance carrier within 24 hours of receiving these services. If you do not do so within this window of time, the insurance carrier may not approve the visit, leaving you responsible for the entire bill.
What happens during patient admission and registration:
- If you are having an outpatient procedure or exam, you can speed up the check-in process at the hospital by registering online. Click here to Pre-Register Online.
- If you are an inpatient, that is, if you will be staying overnight or more for your test, procedure or treatment, then you will register at the hospital the day of your admission.
Where: Patient Access (Admission/Registration) is located in the main entrance lobby on the first floor, just beyond the gift shop and to the left of the information desk. Signs are clearly marked
When: The Patient Access office is open and staffed from 6 a.m. to
6 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you arrive after these hours or on weekends, you will be admitted in the Emergency Department. To allow enough time to register, please arrive at the Coffee Regional Medical Center at least 30 minutes before the time of your appointment.
What you will need to have with you when you are being admitted:
- Your doctor’s orders for hospitalization or services. This is of the utmost importance!
- Complete and accurate information about all insurance, including Medicare and/Medicaid. (As noted above, you should already have checked with your insurance carrier for any pre-certification requirements.)
- Any information you will need to be able to answer questions regarding your personal information, such as name, address, phone number, social security number, spouse name, employer name and other items. Even if you have been a patient at CRMC before, it is necessary for staff to collect this information from you each time to make sure none of your personal information has changed.
- When you check in, you will be given an explanation of your rights and responsibilities as a patient, but you may prefer to read it ahead of time. Patient Rights